1. Creating a discussion platform on new drafts of legal acts prepared by the EC and discussed, inter alia, within the Council.
2. Recognising the thematic scope of training addressed to local government and Regional Inspectorates for Environmental Protection in the field of proper waste management, as well as the proper methods of conducting research (e.g. measurement of landfill gas in landfills).
3. Defining the guidelines for determining the amount and form of securing claims for waste management decisions.
4. Reviewing installation types, inter alia, mechanical and biological and thermal processing, medical waste incineration plant, installations to produce alternative fuels, sewage sludge and developing the technical guidelines as guidance for administrations and entrepreneurs.
5. Developing methodologies, guidelines, “best practices” with regard to waste management.
6. Updating guides/manuals after the entry into force of the new legislation on waste management e.g. Act on Waste (e.g. updating the guide on issuing decisions on waste management; updating the guide on administrative decisions).